
Mom picked me up at JFK on Friday. Had been about a month since I'd seen her and we were rapidly catching up on everything we could because we only had about 14 hours together this visit. I mentioned that I read White Noise while I was down in the BVI's, and asked if Mom had read it. She has read it. She read it while she was in the hospital, between Meg and I. Don Delillo weaves a hysterical, theatrical tale that truly made me laugh out loud repeatedly. This was the same for Mom, and she associates White Noise with anger towards my Dad - for giving her such a funny book, that caused her excruciating pain each time she laughed.
I originally sought out White Noise because it is one of the books on Jonathan Franzen's favourite books that I posted early. Was thinking of making this my summer reading list... but I have already started to stray from that. There are just so many good reads out there. Too many to chose from.
No comments:
Post a Comment